A tanning regime requires commitment, dedication and, most importantly, forward planning.
After all, ‘Tanning Thursdays’ are a thing for a reason!
However, there isn’t always time to ‘forward tan’, and this where having a tube of instant tan in your self-care arsenal can be invaluable!
In the article, we will find out what instant tan is and how it works, how to find the best instant tan for you and whether it is easy to remove and how to do this.
- What is Instant Tan?
- How Does Instant Tan Work?
- Is Instant Tan Fake Tan Vegan?
- Does Instant Tan Wash Off?
- How to remove Instant Tan?
- What is the Best Instant Tan?
- How to Apply Instant Tan?
- Instant Tan Tips
What is Instant Tan?
Instant tan is technically fake tan, but with the convenience of make-up, in the sense that you can apply it and remove it in the same day.
How Does Instant Tan Work?
Way to Beauty’s instant tan is a lightweight gel that dries quickly, giving you a sheer, bronze look.
Unlike fake tan, instant tan does not contain DHA (dihydroxyacetone), which is why it is easy to wash off.
The key difference between instant tan and DHA-based tans is that the former uses colorants that provide an immediate colour, without causing a chemical reaction that stains the skin.
In a nutshell, instant tan is like a concentrated skin tint for the body but in gel form.
Is Instant Tan Fake Tan Vegan?
While on the surface fake tans appear to be plant based, a lot of the formulas are tested on animals.
Way to Beauty are committed to using only high quality plant ingredients and do not test any of our products on animals.
Does Instant Tan Wash Off?
Yes, instant tan is easily washed off, and you don’t need any special equipment.
How to remove Instant Tan?
All you need is:
- Warm water
- A sponge
Way to Tan Tip: A combination soap sponge is a great way to ensure a full body scrub to remove all the colour.
What is the Best Instant Tan?
Finding the best instant tan is very personal. You should consider your skin tone, how sensitive your skin is, any allergies, the type of fake tan and of course, the final colour of the tanning product. You can find out more about choosing the right tan here.
Way to Beauty’s fans love our Instant Tan for its hydrating, and plant-based formula, making it great for your skin (and timeframe!)
How to Apply Instant Tan
- Moisturise, making sure you’re paying extra attention to dry skin areas such as elbows and knees.
- Apply Way to Beauty’s Instant Tan using a luxury tanning mitt on large areas and a kabuki brush for small areas, such as the face.
- Use circular motions to apply, ensuring even coverage.
Instant Tan Tips
- If you're looking for a quick and easy way to add some colour to your face, try mixing your instant tan with a moisturiser.
- The concentrated gel formula can stain your hands badly, and it's tough to get it out of the creases in your palms. Using a kabuki brush or barrier cream can prevent any staining on your hands.
So, what have we learned?
Instant tan is a great option for anyone who wants a tan without the commitment of a tanning regime, or for those last-minute plans.
It is easy to apply and remove, and it comes in a variety of shades to suit all skin tones.
When choosing an instant tan, it is important to consider your skin tone and any allergies. It is also important to choose a shade that is close to your natural skin tone.
Way to Beauty's Instant Tan is a great option for those who are looking for a hydrating and plant-based formula that has never been tested on animals.
For more tanning insights, tips and guides, subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on TikTok.